2021 U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Continuum of Care Program Funding Competition is Open!
HUD has released the 2021 Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) to open the competition (application period) for its CoC Program funds, CFDA 14.267. Applications can include new projects and renewal projects, as described below. For more information: be sure you are subscribed to the HOME Coalition email mailing list. Direct questions should be sent to Sarah Johnson, HOME Coalition Director, at email@example.com.
To access the HUD Continuum of Care Program Notice of Funding Availability for 2021 (Grant application and instructions):
FY 2021 Continuum of Care Competition and Noncompetitive Award of Youth Homeless Demonstration Program Renewal and Replacement Grants
TIMELINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROJECT APPLICATIONS TO THE HOME COALITION is October 15 no later than 12:00 am (MIDNIGHT), 2021. Projects’ preliminary scores will be announced by Oct. 22 and final scores (with the addition of Ranking Panel votes) will be provided Oct. 29.
- Date Local Competition Announced: Completed
- Date of Webinar Training for Local Applicants: TBA
- Changes to local score sheets developed by Assessment Committee (points values, priorities): Wed. Sept. 15th
- Special Board Meeting (Wed. Sept. 22) to review, discuss, adopt final scoring metric and priorities recommendations from Assessment Committee
- Draft score metrics and priorities posted online: Sept. 22
- Public comment on score sheets Wed. 9-22 to 9-29
- Final score sheets posted Fri. Oct. 1
- Date Project Applications due to HOME Coalition: Fri. Oct. 15
- Date all projects notified whether they were conditionally accepted for funding as written, conditionally funded at a reduced rate, or rejected AND given preliminary score/rank: Fri. Oct. 22
- Due date of appeals to score to Assessment Committee: Tues. Oct. 26
- Board meeting to address appeals/final ranking vote: TBA – Oct. 27 – 29
- Projects notified in writing whether projects submitted as part of Consolidated Application as written, at a reduced rate, or rejected: Fri. Oct. 29
- Draft of Consolidated Application available for public comment: Wed. Nov. 10
- Consolidated Application submitted to HUD: Sat. Nov. 13
NEW PROJECT APPLICATIONS: The HOME Coalition can consider for funding one or more new projects (which are called Bonus projects) as follows:
- up to $92,847 is available for one or more new or expansion project applications for rapid rehousing, joint transitional housing-rapid rehousing, permanent supportive housing, HMIS, and/or coordinated entry for the 12 NELA parishes; expansion projects add number units, persons served, services offered, or additional activities for HMIS or CE.
- up to $176,850 for one or more new or expansion project applications to provide rapid rehousing, transitional housing/rapid rehousing, and/or coordinated entry for victims of domestic violence (uses that qualify for preference points detailed below).
RENEWAL PROJECT APPLICATIONS: The HOME Coalition will accept renewal project applications, for existing projects in the amounts specified on the approved 2021 FY 2021 LA-505 GIW. A copy of this document has also been provided by email to all organizations with eligible renewal projects.
REALLOCATION PROJECTS: No additional funds were made available through reallocation for the 2021 Competition.
Q AND A SESSION An OPTIONAL question and answer session will be held via conference call TBA. CALL IN INFO COMING SOON! Questions and answers may also be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org through Oct. 14, 2021 (11:59 pm) All questions and answers will be posted on this page and are accessible to all participants. You do NOT have to participate in the conference call to submit an application. Again, ALL questions and answers from the conference call as well as submitted by email will be posted online unless they are pertinent to only one particular applicant and no other organization or project. Those will be answered directly by email to the organization providing the question.
Planning Grant: New project funds of $55,708 are available for Continuum of Care planning and coordination. This grant is available only to the region’s designated Continuum of Care organization, the HOME Coalition.
Additional Forms and Information for the 2021 CoC Program competition for Northeast Louisiana:
NEW!! For more info on how applications are scored and ranked, read Section III of the HOME Coalition Policies (starting on p. 10).
PUBLIC COMMENT INVITED: The HOME Coalition is committed to a transparent and inclusive application process free of conflict of interest for the local competition for CoC Program funds. Thus, public comment is invited about this year’s Competition and the 2021 scoring and ranking criteria for project applications which are are especially important to help the HOME Coalition provide a Competition process that is fair and transparent.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD Sept. 22 to Sept. 29, 2021
Public Comments and Responses COMING SOON – please email comments to email@example.com
DRAFT – SCORE SHEETS – 2021 Items highlighted in yellow are NEW this year or different from prior years.
IMPORTANT: The Equity/Access worksheet is currently being updated. Please do not complete it and submit it until an updated version is posted on this website.
Definitions and Calculations 2021 COMING SOON
The HOME Coalition of Northeast Louisiana (formal name: Northeast Louisiana Housing and Supportive Services Corp.) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that is a coalition of nonprofits, government agencies, faith-based groups, businesses, individuals, and others concerned with homelessness in NELA. Group members, from the 12 parishes of NELA, coordinate our area’s response to homelessness by providing a system of housing and services for those who are or are at risk of becoming homeless. The group also represents our area’s needs on a statewide and national basis, bringing attention and funding toward our ultimate goal: a NELA free of homelessness where all people feel safe and valued.